NewsBack to main list >
Preston Bennett are proud to be associated with historic Bentley Priory, the area's most prestigious development
29th Oct 2012
Luxury show homes are now open for viewing from both Barratt Developments and City & Country and provide potential buyers with a great choice of unique homes.
Clarence Park Crescent consists of 12 luxury four-bedroom townhouses – the first of a total of 89 new luxury houses and apartments from award-winning house builders, Barratt Developments. Prices for these houses are from £1,850,000 and for 2 & 3 bedroom apartments in Walled Garden Court from £999,995. The show home is open 7 days a week 10a.m. to 6p.m.
Within the sympathetically restored Grade II-listed 18th century mansion, City & Country have created 13 exclusive apartments and duplexes and are also building a further 12 apartments and villas in adjoining buildings. Prices are from £525,000 to £845,000. The show home is open 7 days a week 10a.m. to 5p.m.
There is yet more to come, as we were also instrumental in negotiating a further land sale within the estate to Banner Homes who are building seven large, detached homes worth up to £5 million. These will be built to the highest specification, with some of the largest plots being over 1 acre.
Bentley Priory is set in secure gated grounds with concierge and full estate management and is located just a short walk from a variety of shops, restaurants and places of worship in the centre of Stanmore. The development benefits from the London transport network at the end of the Jubilee line, and offers easy access to the motorway network and London’s airports.
Bentley Priory is a Grade II* Listed Building whose origins date back to 1775. The estate was sold to the Hon. James Hamilton in 1788 who set about enlarging the house by commissioning Sir John Soane, the foremost architect of his day. Notable visitors to the house included Prime Ministers William Pitt and George Canning, the Duke of Wellington, Sir Walter Scott and Lady Hamilton. In 1848 the Dowager Queen Adelaide, widow of William IV, leased the house, which was frequently visited by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
Eventually it came into the possession of the Air Ministry and remained its home for more than 80 years – playing the vital role during the Second World War as Fighter Command HQ. Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding successfully executed command of the Battle of Britain and the D-Day landings from the house.
The late Queen Mother helped secure more than £3 million in 1979 to save the building which finally closed in 2008. The current prestigious development has now restored the mansion and its Grade-II listed Italian Gardens to their former glory and it will also house a wonderful new museum for the Battle of Britain Trust due to open next year.
To arrange a private viewing of the superb show homes and the wonderful setting of Bentley Priory estate please contact us.