NewsBack to main list >
Signed, Sealed, Delivered! Preston Bennett Planning Ends 2013 With Approval on 500 Units!
16th Dec 2013
“It’s been an exciting year for our team,” says Director and Chartered Town Planner Richard Henley. “We have experienced a period of immense growth across our planning department which has culminated in an impressive number of units being approved this year. The improvement in the economy has seen an increase in developer confidence, and our consistent work with developers and land owners has culminated in a steady increase in schemes being passed. Our experienced team’s incomparable knowledge of land acquisition, planning and development processes has seen us take on an array of unique projects.”
The majority of projects are residential led and include an element of mixed use, with a substantial number of them being located in the London Boroughs and Hertfordshire.
From derelict farms to former pub sites, some of the projects undertaken in 2013 include:
• 150 new residential units, including affordable housing, within an identified growth area corridor in the town centre of Borehamwood (Hertsmere Borough Council)
• the canal side residential regeneration of a former industrial site to provide 50 new flats in West Drayton (London Borough of Hillingdon)
• permission secured for a new 18,000 sq. ft. house in the Green Belt on land at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore (London Borough of Harrow)
• the mixed use development of the former Red Lion pub site to provide 44 flats, a supermarket, coffee shop and community facility (London Borough of Ealing)
• restoration of a grade II-listed farmhouse and buildings through the enabling development of 26 new build 3/4 bed houses, Kenton (London Borough of Harrow)
• former NHS nursing home: redevelopment to provide 53 new residential units within Bushey, with a mixture of houses and flats - including affordable housing - on the Brownfield site (Hertsmere Borough Council)
• approximately 150 prior approvals since May 2013 regarding office-to-residential conversions
The contrast in the schemes that Preston Bennett has been involved in speaks to the company’s proficiency. Truly a one-stop-shop, its specialist services include planning advice and strategy on development opportunities, pre-application consultation with the LPA, planning applications and appeals, feasibility studies and appraisals, and public/stakeholder consultation and exhibitions.
“Involving Preston Bennett Planning at the earliest stages in a development project will be to your advantage,” comments Richard Henley. “Our knowledge of the very latest national and local planning policies and emerging regulations has been vital to our clients in helping to formulate planning strategies to ultimately achieve planning permission. The strong professional working relationships that we have built up with local planning authorities have also been crucial to our success.”
It is due to this success that Preston Bennett’s planning department is expanding - with the appointment of a further Town Planner in January 2014 - that will see the company continuing to provide a comprehensive service for all planning advice, pre-application and the full planning application process.
“With our in-depth understanding of the planning system and its key stakeholders, as well as our solid relationships with renowned architects, technical specialists (highways/ecologists/trees etc.), council and officers, we hope to continue the success achieved this year and carry it through to 2014,” concludes Richard Henley.
If you’d like to see how Preston Bennett’s Planning Department can assist you, please contact Richard Henley on 020 8954 7733 or e-mail email@example.com